HOW TO APPLY
1. Fill out an application: Applications can be printed from the website (see link at left), picked up at the town office, or call to have one mailed
2. Call 532-7880 to set up an appointment
3. READ page 1 of the application and gather documents
4. You can:
- bring application & paperwork to your appointment or
- drop off at Town Offices to be reveiwed or
- mail to Jaffrey Town Offices - M. Drew, 10 Goodnow St. Jaffrey, NH
5. A Notice of Decision will be made and checks mailed directly to the landlord or vendor within 14 days.
6. IMPORTANT: You may apply once per month. Assistance is not on-going.
- The Department does not pay for dentures/dental work, hearing aids, eye glasses, internet, car payments, repairs, registrations, or license renewals, drivers education, tuitiion, classes/lessons, credit card payments, or legal fees or fines.
- You may apply once a month by submitting a new application and proofs.
- If you do not have all proofs needed it will delay assistance.
- A Notice of Decision shows assistance granted or denied, documents needed, referrals to other agencies, and what you need to do to receive assistance.
- If you have savings and/or retirement money, you must use it first. If you cannot get retirement money, you must provide a letter stating this.
- You are required to repay all assistance once your income increases.
|Mary Drew||Director of Welfare Administration|