PUBLIC NOTICE ISSUED MARCH 16, 2020
Town of Jaffrey Pandemic Planning and Closures
Governor Sununu issued a state of emergency for the State of New Hampshire on Friday evening due to COVID-19. The Governor also directed all schools to close and work toward a virtual environment at least until April 6th. Officials for the Town of Jaffrey met this morning to discuss our position moving forward through this crisis. The following measures are currently in place to restrict access to facilities and limit potential exposure of our residents and town staff to the virus:
- The Library is closed and will be working in virtual environment. Staff will be conducting curbside delivery of books at the Library front door for those requesting materials.
- All Recreation programs are cancelled until at least April 6th. Staff is working on virtual programming for our residents.
- All Department of Public Works facilities will be restricting public access. Please call the department if you need their services.
- All recycling at the transfer station is suspended until further notice. The trash compactor will be available for disposal of household waste. You may dispose of recyclables with your household waste. We ask that if you can retain your recyclables until the situation abates and recycle them later, it would be appreciated. Additionally, please use discretion discarding bulky waste and wait to discard items requiring a disposal fee, such as televisions or propane tanks, until the situation abates.
- Please contact the Police Station before you visit or use their emergency contact button at the door.
- Please contact the Fire Station before you visit.
- The Town Office is closed until further notice. Staff will continue working behind the scenes and will work to respond to you as quickly as possible. Many of our services are already provided online through our website at www.townofjaffrey.com. Staff emails and phone numbers are listed on the website. We will continue monitoring email and phone messages throughout this crisis. If you must see a staff member for any reason, please call the Town Office before you visit to ensure the correct person is available for you.
We ask for your patience during this difficult time as we do our best to protect our residents and our staff. We ask you to exercise care in your personal contacts and follow those practices being recommended by health officials. Please check our website and Facebook page for updates. Information from the State of NH can be obtained by dialing 211.
A video message from Select Board Chairman Sterling and Town Manager Frederick may be viewed on the following link: https://livestream.com/accounts/24838427/events/9042619/videos/203023035.