. Designed with students and educators in mind, Explora K - 8 provides a safe, trustworthy environment for students to look up articles and facts for research papers, class projects or homework. A far better alternative to websites and search engines, Explora provides students with easy-to-use features and age-appropriate content from the world’s leading magazines and reference books.
Use explora at the library, or log in via your Library Account from home or on your mobile device, through our Catalog.
Explora offers all of the following:
• High-quality articles licensed from reputable publishers, recognized by library professionals, and selected for use in a school environment
• Simple search that quickly delivers relevant results, including primary source documents, news articles, and Associated Press videos
• Easy-to-browse categories organized by popular topic
• Topic Overviews that provide students with a starting point for research
• Text-to-speech for HTML articles to assist struggling readers or those learning English
• Numeric reading-level indicators to help students and teachers find grade-appropriate articles
• No ads or pop-up windows
• COPPA compliancy, meaning EBSCO does not ask for or require personal information to use its databases
• Password-protected personal folders that allow students to save search results in a secure and organized holding area
• Citation help, including the ability to export citation information to online bibliography generators such as EasyBib and NoodleTools