March 16, 2020
TO: CITIZENS AND GUESTS of TOWN OF JAFFREY
FROM: TODD A. MUILENBERG, CHIEF OF POLICE
REF: CORONA VIRUS (COVID – 19) OPERATING PROCEDURES
The situation involving the Corona Virus (COVID-19) is evolving and concerning to us all. Regardless, the Jaffrey Police Department remains dedicated to providing our community effective police services in the most professional, courteous, and equitable manner possible. To address the challenges associated with protecting the health and safety of our citizens, guests, and staff members, we have implemented the following temporary changes to our operating procedures:
Routine calls for police services that do not compromise the safety of the public or reporting party will be handled via phone if possible. Cheshire County Dispatch has been instructed to inform people calling for police services that they may receive a phone call from us to assess the nature of the situation before we respond to the scene.
Although the lobby at the Police Station will remain open, we request that you call ahead (603-532-7865) to inquire if your needs or questions can be addressed via phone or internet.
Fingerprinting services and Vehicle Identification Number (V.I.N.) checks have been suspended.
Social distancing practices will be utilized to maintain a six-foot separation between our officers and members of the public whenever possible.
Officers will utilize Personal Protective Equipment (gloves, masks, etc.) whenever interacting with a person who is demonstrating signs of viral infection or persons who may have been exposed to the virus.
As always, call 911 for all emergency calls for service.
We will continue to monitor the situation and adapt to the “best practices” recommended by State and Federal Emergency Management Organizations. We are also collaborating with our Board of Selectmen, Town Manager, Department Heads, and other community partners to ensure we are doing everything we can to address the needs of the community and maintain a safe environment for us all.
Thank you for your understanding, patience, and cooperation.
Todd A. Muilenberg
Todd A. Muilenberg
Chief of Police
Click here to email the department
The mission of the Jaffrey Police Department is to enhance the quality of life for the residents of the Town of Jaffrey. To that end, the department pledges to provide a proactive and professional level of police services to ensure safety through commitment, integrity and trust.
The resources that are provided to us to run the operation will be managed effectively. Officers will always treat all people with fairness, dignity and respect. Special emphasis will be placed on the development of our children and youth.
Finally, members of the department will strive to further a partnership with residents to meet whatever specific needs may arise.
To ensure the quality of life in the Town of Jaffrey by:
- Providing a proactive and professional level of Police service ensuring safety through commitment, integrity and trust
- Managing resources
- Treating all persons with fairness, respect and dignity and using common sense in decision-making
- There is an inherent expectation that officers are truthful in police reports, court testimony and in all forms of communication. Truth is a principle that will not be violated and variance from the truth is unacceptable.
- Employees will accept responsibility for misconduct and mistake, and there will be no question that they will be held responsible for misconduct and mistakes.
- Substandard work will not be tolerated.
- Insure that only appropriate levels of force are used.
- Maintain a partnership with the community to meet present and future challenges.
- The leadership philosophy will be characterized by a willingness to devote substantial time and energy to resolve difficult personnel issues and will serve as role models and teachers.