Click here to email the department
The mission of the Jaffrey Police Department is to enhance the quality of life for the residents of the Town of Jaffrey. To that end, the department pledges to provide a proactive and professional level of police services to ensure safety through commitment, integrity and trust.
The resources that are provided to us to run the operation will be managed effectively. Officers will always treat all people with fairness, dignity and respect. Special emphasis will be placed on the development of our children and youth.
Finally, members of the department will strive to further a partnership with residents to meet whatever specific needs may arise.
To ensure the quality of life in the Town of Jaffrey by:
- Providing a proactive and professional level of Police service ensuring safety through commitment, integrity and trust
- Managing resources
- Treating all persons with fairness, respect and dignity and using common sense in decision-making
- There is an inherent expectation that officers are truthful in police reports, court testimony and in all forms of communication. Truth is a principle that will not be violated and variance from the truth is unacceptable.
- Employees will accept responsibility for misconduct and mistake, and there will be no question that they will be held responsible for misconduct and mistakes.
- Substandard work will not be tolerated.
- Insure that only appropriate levels of force are used.
- Maintain a partnership with the community to meet present and future challenges.
- The leadership philosophy will be characterized by a willingness to devote substantial time and energy to resolve difficult personnel issues and will serve as role models and teachers.